Our users want newsletter themes. Lots of them. We currently only have 5 designs available. That’s way too little, we know.
We’re currently working with two designers to get a dozen new themes for our upcoming release at the end of the month. All include the original Photoshop file. Update: version 1.1 is out. Read about it all.
Here’s a preview of 10 of them designed by awesome Nadja, who did the first series:
Improvements to Wysija’s themes
Our upcoming release includes the following improvements:
- we now have a full width footer area for image. Perfect for drop shadows or rounded corners.
- the header is an image-only placeholder. You’re not forced to use it though.
- we will have a improved widget for dividers. Each theme comes with a default default divider. You can even upload your own.
- social bookmarks will be a new droppable widget. Designers can now make custom bookmarks icon sets for themes.
- themes will be available in a repository for downloads accessible from the admin. Just like WordPress themes and plugins.
We also have a few changes, such as:
- we removed numbered list items because they aren’t compatible with Outlook. If you insert a post with numbered list, they’ll be converted to unordered automatically.
- image padding in Outlook was a small issue that didn’t make our initial release. Yet, we shamefully advertised that we were cross client compatible. Our bad.
- improved style handling. We’ll rely more on inline styles, except for a few in the header which are for hacks. For users, there’s no significant change, other than they can continue to rely on an HTML free experience.
- Jonathan improved the visual editor’s code. It’s faster and better suited for future widgets (ie, gallery, etc.)