The are 2 features our users ask us every week:
- Additional fields in their forms for phone numbers, gender, country, city, birthday, etc.
- A way to design their subscription forms easily without code
We’re going to address both with a single new form designer. You’ll be able to drag and drop your fields into your form, but also add styling, in one interface.
Think of our beloved visual editor for your newsletter. But this time for forms.
We’re not sending Curiosity to Mars, but still, such a feature does require time and thought by the team here (essentially Ben, the WordPress master coder, who points me in the right direction).
Our first step is to move the form’s options away from the widget and put them in our plugin’s settings page. This is what it looks like, in our wireframes at least:
One feature, trickled
We’ll roll these features out in steps in the next several weeks, like this:
- Moving subscription from options from widget to settings page
- Adapting our import tool to detect additional fields: date added, country, etc.
- Adapting our synch to import additional fields from other emailing plugins, such as Tribulant, MailPress, Subscribe2, etc.
- Integrate all custom fields: country, city, phone number, radio buttons, checkboxes, etc.
- Polish based on feedback
- Form styler (to be wireframed)
- Segmentation of lists based on custom fields (to be wireframed).
Feel free to give us feedback on the PDF if you’re into user interface design. This document is our 4th version compiled over 3 months. Yup, we take our time to make things right!